Wonder

I wonder what you do

These days

Do you think of me, sometimes? 

Like do I float by your mind

Of course, the memories are vague

Nevertheless, do you? 


There is social media, lol

But we were always averse to it 

Being private, is something I caught from you, rather 

So yes, we continue unblocked by each other

The decent folk we are, unbroken by heartbreak


Ergo, I see you

You see me also, I am sure

Or is this too much of an assumption? 

Life is mind numbing

Also, I garnish it with my many obsessions and fears

But when I pause, and breathe, 


Your thoughts visit me 

And I wonder how you are

I trust you're happy, in the very least. 

That you get see your mom often

And take your son to the park

Pray, life isn't cruel to you, 

And your wife loves you back, deeply 


In these fleeting moments, 

I think of you, 

Looking into your picture, in my mind

I feel a certain peace, haha

How wierd is life

There is nothing between us, anymore

But why does it feel, that still something is. 



6 comments:

Bathwater said...

This is the way I think all the time. I still have trouble coming to terms with her absence in my life and how I should feel about it. It's been 2.5 years now.

Taz said...

I don't know why I like this. It's nice to find people who are still blogging in 2022. Cheers!

Bone said...

People who touch us deeply perhaps in a manner never really leave us.

Vagabond said...

tu is jahaan main hai bhi nahin bhi =D
I loved this!

Sujatha Sathya said...

beautiful

Anonymous said...

I wonder