Easy

For the past few days, I have been at rest. I breathe slow. There's no hustle. Or bustle. And my eye-lids are droopy. There's this light casual kind of burn everytime I shut my eyes. Like I can sleep half the day away. I close my eyes and fall asleep. I wake up, saliva leaking from the corners of my lips. Eyes are even heavier than when I fell asleep. I don't understand what is happening here. And I don't bother, either. All I want is more sleep. Some more, and more, of lie down time. Is it the buried exhaustion of years that has suddenly erupted, over a long weekend?

Also, I want to eat. Like gobble down the whole fridge. Sweets and cakes and chips and slurpees. Leftovers, won't be any more, left over. Cuz I'll eat them all. Like lick bowls clean. What's with this insatiable hunger. And the thirst. I guzzle down and chomp chomp chomp. And then I am off to bed. With no enthusiasm for waking up. Tuck me in, somebody. And don't wake me up, unless it's to feed me. 


No comments: