Feet

My feet give me away
Always. 
I desire dainty little feet
With quaint little toenails
Polished in some pastel hue 
Cut, filed & polished

Er, what I have
Is the exact antithesis 
Dusty dark skin
Unforgiving blue green veins
And rough cracked heels
Too big, furthest from delicate

My feet take me from A to B
That I owe them
And also the fact that 
My feet let me perambulate 
Without agenda
Which is undoubtedly the most precious 

However though
Nothing contains the fact that
They're not how they're supposed to be
Subtle, fair, creamy and pastel
Not that I don't moisturise
Or use foot cream of random kinds

But nothing seems to work it
My feet give me away
They are exactly like my insides
Torn up, exhausted, out of place.
Ugly, dried up and unhealable 
No matter how much I hide,
They show.


No comments: