Getting Past

Let me be. Stuck in this limbo, that I am. Unmoving. Let me just oscillate about my center of gravity. Just don't let that center be you. Leave me. Divorce me. Tear me away. Discard. Throw away. Abandon. Forget me.  Me. Believe that I never was. Believe, in your heart, that I am not, not even now. I don't exist. Our pasts don't exist. And my present is in its entirety a separate entity from yours. We are not connected. We aren't. What-so-ever. We aren't the same. Not anymore. Not ever. You are, merely, someone I happened to know. Some man I met in a bar one night, drunk and hallucinating. The breeze that unsettled my hair, and put it in such disarray, that it won't just settle again. But I have recovered. I ran my fingers through my strands of hair, and combed them fine, just now. Just about now.

So don't come back. Don't even think about it. Don't you dare!

4 comments:

Tanvi said...

cheers!!!

Zeebs said...

This reminds me of the song by Kimbra and Gotye- somebody that I used to know.

You should listen to it :)

Munlite redefined said...

D >> ....I just love the way you capture the various moods .....

Writefully Yours said...

Don't u dare! doesn't that kind of says that if the person we are trying to get over from, comes back, then we ll be back to square one!