Hurt

Now, living in this capsule
Weeping with nostalgia
I remember
Staunch summer days
When you & I 
Roamed the thrift market
Sipping salty buttermilk
Under my maroon umbrella
And later
Made out in a tin-roofed car
Sweat gliding down our foreheads
We loved each other
What happened?

What happened now
That we have rented this
Claustrophobic capsule for ourselves
Decaying in hurt 
Seething in permanent anger
We are our worst selves imaginable
This is far from the clouds
You had shown me
That hot summer day
Saying 'It would rain later today'
And when we were mid-kiss
It did

2 comments:

the weight of a letter said...

You have such a way with words. Another beautiful poem.

Sunshine-struck said...

It just died it's death, I guess. This thing between them,like all other relationships. Time and change are brutal as brutal as a weapon that kills.