Starfruit

I will not right your wrong

Just for sometime, now

And you would do me the same

Favor, & breathe


Because, nothing remains

Pretty much

Everyday is a worthless mess

Night's thoughtless doom


So let's give it all up

But walk with me 

In this abandoned garden laden with starfruit

So much fruit, oh, what do we do


Also, feel

The lazy afternoon summer breeze 

Wafting toward the salty river

Carrying my many unwanted ungodly fears 


Because we are both so sick and so tired 

And we've forgotten 

What starfruit tastes like 

But not entirely 


That unknown strong citrus taste 

In our childhood mouths

So abused and plenty scared

Although, adulthood ain't no better either 


It's the same cage, just the garb is new

And also, there's nil magic

Just drab mundane Tuesdays

Full of incurable guilt, unending tasks. 




1 comment:

Bone said...

I will come back to read this again later. Maybe then I will find the words for what I felt. Beautiful.