Pause

Lately, how you pause in the midst of your phrases, my heart then, skips a beat. I count moments, looking for words also but they elude me thoroughly, with impunity. How could I of all, be so tongue tied. And that too, with you. The one for me, oh magical one.c

This way, you confuse me with your measured silences. Here, I have not the slightest. Of what's going on in that brilliant mind of yours. And whether a heart as irrational and inconsolable and capricious as mine, hides beneath.

All I know is that, while we speak, you pause. Mid way. Seemingly accidentally, but not much so. As if waiting for me, giving me an adequate opportunity to speak up and be heard. To rip open the hidden treasures of my soul and come out naked. Out front and lay on your palms, one confession after the other. 

Shamelessly, remorselessly.

I count moments and wait. And then you catch up again and continue.

I wonder. What is that!

What are we doing here? 

1 comment:

AS said...

Where are we going?
Where there are no boundaries, but alas before we reach there, there are miles to go. The nearer we reach, the more the miles to cross.