Acquaintance.

You are like your own reflection in water. Disappearing into waves every second. Unsteadily swaying in and out of my shattered heart. You. Are just like your reflection in water. Now you're here by me, the moment next, you aren't. I can't say. You won't say. A word about what would happen hereafter. We won't take that chance. Too much is at stake. When you are here, though you are vivid, assertive of your presence. Loud and clear. When you aren't, you are only an imagination in my mind.

And I am a woman of minimal means. I am never beautiful enough. Only men who have spend sufficiently long enough time with me, alone, fall for my internal complications and hidden falacies. It's almost obvious that I am not obviously beautiful. And I believe you know this for a fact. Yet you hang around. And then run away. As you fancy. I do not understand.

3 comments:

Writefully Yours said...

You write the most poetic prose I know ! "It's almost obvious that I am not obviously beautiful."--beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beauty is only skin deep my friend, and remember people only run away from those they love.

wildflower said...

@Anonymous
And now it's me doing the running away part, rather than he! Over & out