;)

Conversation on the phone:

Shikha: -Yeah, hi!
Salil: - where are you?
Shikha: - what where? At this hour, should I be playing basket ball? I am in my apartment of course…
Salil: - Can you come out for a moment? I, actually…
Shikha: - what? It’s 2 o’clock man! C’ mon!
Salil: - mmmm…actually I am waiting downstairs…
Shikha: - what is it actually uh? Is this the time? Go and come back tomorrow.
Salil: - I didn’t drive down 15 kilometers just for nothing.
Shikha: - then what did you drive down for? C’mon yaar!
Salil: - can I expect to have you here in another five minutes?
Shikha: -Of course not!
Call disconnected!

Ten minutes later…conversation downstairs:

Shikha: - Yes sir? What can I do for you?
Salil: - get in!
Shikha: -huh? No! I won’t!
Salil: - you think I am going to kidnap you or something?
Shikha: - well, you never know (giggles, and gets in)

The car zooms into motion.

Shikha: -(screams) Oh My God! Where are we going?
Salil: - wherever you say!
Shikha: - what? No kidding yaar, where are you taking me?
Salil: - hmmmm…the beach probably? Or do you have some other place in mind?
Shikha: - and you have plans to fish? Did you go mad or something after that promotion?
Salil: - I have always been as mad; it was you who never realized it!
Shikha: -Shut up! Priti will get worried…I told her I will get back in a minute…
Salil: - who is that?
Shikha: -uh? She is my loving flat mate, clear?

Silence persists…until the sea appears.

Salil: -here you are…I know it’s the sea you actually love (winks), so brought you here, at midnight it looks the best!
Shikha: - but why? What’s wrong with you?

Salil leaning on his car, Shikha kicking the sand…

Salil: -I love you

Shikha gives him a confused momentary stare. Gets into the car, and calms herself, trying to convince her that nothing had happened. That she had heard nothing. Anyway, she had foreseen it…

Salil: - what happened?
Shikha: - Drop me home, please!

Conversation in the apartment:

Priti: - I saw it all (grins).
Shikha: -what?
Priti: - so?
Shikha: -he proposed, I guess!
Priti: -(Hysterical) I knew this was coming! Oh my God! What did you say?
Shikha: - me? I said nothing…
Priti: -I doubt your sanity! Shikha?
Shikha: -haan
Priti: -let me tell you that you just said ‘nothing’ to a friend of 3 years and the guy you almost love.
Shikha: - Almost! (Sighs) Goodnight Sweety!
Priti: - You are absolutely hopeless!


It’s around half past eleven the next day. Shikha receives Salil’s call.

Salil: -what’s up? Where are you?
Shikha: - Me? Oh! I am playing basketball! C’mon, I am in the office, and I was conspiring to kill my new manager…
Salil: - Spare the poor chap, he already has a painful life, with you working for him!
Shikha: -Can you please shut up?
Salil: -Alright! Let’s have lunch together?
Shikha: - no! I am busy.
Salil: - Can I expect to have you at 12 30? And you know the place, don’t you?
Shikha: - No ways! Bye!

Shikha and Salil talking across their lunch table:

Salil: -Excuse me, but I proposed you last night, remember?
Shikha: -So?
Salil: - So, say something?
Shikha: - What should I say?
Salil: -Say ‘yes’.
Shikha: - Yes.

And this is the way it should be…Bingo!

19 comments:

vitruvian said...

runaway romantics are we??? ;}

Sweetstickychewy said...

Hello there,

Thanks for visiting my blog.;)


Have a good weekend.

Cheers!

Priya said...

Awww..yeah, when ur heart keeps on doi it,even tho ur mind was reluctant in the middle,you oughtta knw this is it :)

anirudh said...

is post ne jaan le li hai meri....beautiful...really beautiful..!

mystic rose said...

cute!

~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

heh heh heh ...........

way to go !!

KAYLEE said...

oh wow thats great:)

Keshi said...

ur pic looks awesome!

Keshi.

Rajeev said...

hehee! :D
that was a really nice post!!
Was fun! :P
thanx for the visit upon my blog, i've added u in my blogroll! :)

peace & love
Jeevy

................your's entirely said...

needless to say that it was amazingly beautiful.....wish it had been so easy for everyone(sigh!)

wildflower said...

@ Sneha
May be I am one...at times :D

@ priya
You got it right..i have been victimized more than once!

@ Anirudh
Special thanx...jaan wapas derahi hun yaar...magar yahan wapas aate rehna :)

@ mystic, Kaylee,Keshi
thanx thanx thanx :D

@ deepa
laughter inducing comical nonsense? is that it?

@ rajeev
Thanx for the honor :)

@ your's entirely
I understand that emotion completely...had it been this easy...love would never have been the most written about thing in the world!(or i suppose so) this is just a make-believe story...

anirudh said...

zaroor aaenge...! acchi jagah lagti hai ye..!

pankajunk said...

autobiographical wasnt that?

wildflower said...

@ pankaj...
no! not at all...autobiographical would n't be this dreamy...
just some good imagination at work :P

nikita said...

Awww..sweet..really nice. thanx for stopping by my blog.
Nikita

Hopeless Romantic said...

hmm...nice ....love the simplicity

but is this an autobiographical count?

btw whats ur name (tell that if u have not kept it anonymous, o.w no worries)

Cheers,
Amit

wildflower said...

@ Amit
Nope..it's not autobiographical though i wish it had been.. :)

& d namez Eva ;)

Hopeless Romantic said...

nice Eva :)

arvind said...

he is so wild and inviting the whole earth behind to propose u..
at times me may think - for that moment alone - "one have to love.."

but..
but..

me may keep quiet..